Flushing, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, NYC, Garden City, Nassau & Suffolk County NY Attorneys
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Workers Compensation
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Ladder & Scaffold Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Building & Sidewalk Accidents
- Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Birth Injury
- DWI Defense
- Hit & Run Accidents
- Swimming Pool Injuries
- Boating Accidents
- Dog Bite & Animal Attacks
- Brain and Head Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Serving Flushing, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, New York City, Long Island and Garden City
Medical malpractice occurs when there is a failure to follow generally accepted medical practices, which results in harming a patient. Consequently, patients may experience injury, illness and in the most severe cases, death. However, not every injury that a patient suffers during medical treatment is caused by medical malpractice. An experienced attorney can evaluate the circumstances under which injury occurred and determine whether grounds exist for a medical malpractice lawsuit. Proving that a practitioner deviated from standard practice typically requires an investigation and testimony by a medical expert or experts.
At Sackstein Sackstein & Lee, LLP, we have the resources to consult with and retain medical experts who can testify to support the facts underlying a medical malpractice claim. Without an experienced lawyer to evaluate your suspicions, you probably would not know, or at least you would not be certain whether medical malpractice had occurred. In some cases, malpractice is blatant, but in other cases, it may be subtle and more difficult to prove.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice Cases
Some types of medical malpractice are more common than others. We represent clients in malpractice cases that are caused by the following:
- Anesthesia errors. Anesthesia errors can result from the failure to monitor drug reactions and oxygen levels or from incorrect dosages or the failure to assess using a particular anesthesia based on a patient’s known allergies.
- Failure to monitor. Before and after surgeries and other medical treatments, physicians and nurses must monitor vital signs, ensure proper hydration and nutrition and take other precautions for patients.
- Hypoxia and asphyxia injuries. Failing to properly monitor the fetus can lead to low oxygen levels and result in hypoxia or asphyxia, which can have serious repercussions.
- Delivery room errors. Failure to perform a C-section in a timely manner, improper use of forceps and other errors during delivery can harm babies during childbirth.
- Bedsores due to nursing home negligence. If untreated, bedsores can lead to serious infection. However, good hygiene and moving patients regularly can usually prevent bedsores.
- Medication errors. Incorrect dosages, mixing up medicines with similar names or prescribing the wrong medication for a patient are a few examples of medication errors.
- Surgical errors. Operating on the wrong patient, the wrong body part or leaving a medical instrument inside the body are surgical errors that can adversely affect patients.
- Medical errors due to failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis. Failing to diagnose or misdiagnosing cancer, heart disease or other severe illnesses can lead to worsened conditions or fatality.
- Birth injuries. Newborn babies can suffer from nerve damage, brain damage and other serious injuries when doctors fail to follow proper medical standards during childbirth.
- RSD/CRPS. Regional Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSC) or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) is a disorder that causes pain, swelling and limited motion. In some cases, it can result from medical negligence.
- Hospital errors. Errors that occur during hospitalization sometimes include surgical errors, emergency room errors, a failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis.
At Sackstein Sackstein & Lee, LLP, we can investigate medical malpractice claims involving a wide scope of medical practitioners: general practitioners, nurses, surgeons, anesthesiologists, radiology technicians and other types of medical professionals in specialized fields.
Were You a Victim of Medical Malpractice?
You can find out by sitting down with one of our attorneys. Discuss the details of your medical injury in a free consultation and explain why you suspect malpractice was involved. Handling medical malpractice cases requires extensive skills and access to medical experts. At Sackstein Sackstein & Lee, LLP, our attorneys have decades of experience and the necessary resources. Your case matters to us. Find out how we can help.
Call us toll free at 888.519.6400, or contact us in Garden City at 516.248.2234, or in Flushing-Queens, Brooklyn or the Bronx at 718.539.3100. You can also fill in our contact form, and we will get in touch with you.
We know you take your injury seriously, and so do we.
“Our Family Helping Yours Since 1952”
A+ Rating with Better Business Bureau
With offices throughout New York City and the Long Island area the personal injury attorneys at Sackstein Sackstein & Lee, LLP, assist accident victims throughout New York, including the cities of Manhattan (NYC), Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Flushing, Bayside, College Point, Jamaica, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, Corona, Long Island City, Elmont, Forest Hills, Ozone Park, Springfield Gardens, Rosedale, Laurelton, Hollis, Ridgewood, Nassau, Hempstead, Elmont, Mineola, Freeport, Garden City, Uniondale, Westbury, Roosevelt, East Meadow, Levittown, Franklin Square, New Hyde Park, Williston Park, Valley Stream, as well as the communities in and around Nassau and Suffolk County.