Car Accident Victims Often Suffer from Serious Injuries
Common car accident injuries can range from minor abrasions to serious injuries. When serious injuries occur, having an experienced car accident lawyer handle your case can be a relief. The confusion and injury generated by an accident can make daily living increasingly difficult. Furthermore, dealing with the aftermath of an accident is stressful. For this reason, it is wise to work with a seasoned attorney. A skilled lawyer can take care of the legal aspects of a case and help you receive payment of your medical bills and lost wages along with substantial compensation to compensate you for your personal injuries.
Serious Car Accident Injuries People Experience
The following are some of the most serious injuries people experience from car accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries. Also referred to as a TBI, a traumatic brain injury can occur when your head strikes an object or an object pierces your skull during an accident, or perhaps even if your head is shaken violently.
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries. Heavy impacts can crush or deliver a blow to the spinal column, resulting in damaged discs and vertebrae or a severed spinal cord. It can lead to partial or complete paralysis.
- Neck injuries. A forceful impact can cause a disc in the neck to herniate or bulge which may then impinge upon the spinal canal, which can pinch nerves and cause pain and numbness.
- Back injuries. Discs in the back can rupture or break, press on nerves and cause pain.
- Loss of limbs. When metal crushes during the impact of an accident, sometimes limbs become trapped or injured, making amputation necessary.
- Bone fractures. The sheer force of a car crash often breaks bones.
- Burns. When a car catches fire in an accident, serious burn injuries may result.
Do you need legal help with a car accident claim?
When someone causes a car accident that seriously harms you, you should seek legal help. A lawsuit can help you recover compensation for damages. To arrange a free consultation, contact Sackstein, Sackstein & Lee, LLP. Call us at 516-248-2234 or 718-539-3100 or reach out to us through our contact form.